Friday 17 August 2012

Showering with Mum.

So today we found out what that cabinet in the bathroom is for.  It is a rain cabinet.  You go in there and it rains on you....warm rain.  Amazing!

How did we find this out? Well, I'll tell you.

It is a beautiful day here in Brisbane and so Heidi and I were out in the garden investigating. We like to investigate.  You can find all sorts of interesting things if you look hard enough.  We found the remains of something - possibly a choko (chayote for you non Australians) from the vine next door. We found several seed pods - none of which were edible. We found a hole that needed digging so we dug it. Then we found Otto the Rat watching us through the fence so we had to run up and down the fence line barking at him.  By the time Mum called us to come inside, I was no longer blonde...more a smokey grey colour. Heidi was still a brunette. You can't tell when she is dirty.

Mum took one look at us and had what can only be called a bad reaction. She locked us in the poolroom and left us there while she had a cup of tea. Dad said it was a calming cuppa.
Then she took me into the bathroom and invited me to get into the cabinet with her.  She was wearing a swimsuit so I was a bit confused. Usually when she has a swimsuit on it means she is going into the spa pool.  I tried to resist her invitation but that woman has a will of iron at times. She dragged me in, not an easy task, and closed the door. Then the rain started.

It was quite nice really. Mum rubbed shampoo on me and the rain washed it off.  After a while, the rain stopped and we came out. Mum wrapped me up in two towels and Dad took me back to the poolroom.  Then Heidi had a turn in the rain cabinet.  She managed to keep her head dry. How, I don't know.

Shortly after that, Mum brought the hair dryer to the poolroom and dried us off completely. I am a big blonde dog again and Heidi is still a brunette.  Mum seems to be happy that we are (all) nice and clean again.  She has some sort of preoccupation with keeping things clean. A waste of time in my opinion. They only get dirty again....especially dogs with dirt attracting coats. 

What an interesting afternoon.

P.S.  Dad filled the hole in so it will have to be dug again next time we are outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment