Monday 13 August 2012

The deed that must not be named.

I have committed a major indiscretion it would seem.  I am not entirely sure why this so, because what I did seemed perfectly natural to me. Heidi agreed that it was the only thing to do under the circumstances. So I did it and, I have to say, I enjoyed it.

Mum and Dad, on the other paw, found my actions to be "completely unacceptable and inappropriate behaviour for a young lady of my breeding".

In fact, since the event actually took place, it has not been referred to name. It is like that guy in the Harry Potter books - He who must not be named.  This is the deed that must not be named. 

Suffice to say that it had to do with the little blighters who race around on the roof every night, hurl seeds and gum nuts around and yell abuse at innocent dogs. But, apparently, I am the one who has committed a crime and I am the one who is in considerable disgrace for the deed (that must not be named).

When news of the deed was relayed via text message (I am remarkably good at texting) even Mark and Eliza (usually two of my staunchest supporters) were horrified.  Dad immediately removed all evidence of the deed and even though I searched and searched I couldn't find any traces of the crime.

So here I sit, in disgrace, trying to work out what was so bad about what I did.

Trudy
Perpetrator of the Deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment