Thursday 28 March 2013

Something is definitely afoot!

Today is Friday and both Mum and Dad are at home.  Hmmm...unusual.

The day started as it usually does with treats and a post -treat snooze and then Heidi and I decided to have a game of tug of war.
                                                           Ready....set.......pull!


                                                                                        Heidi won.  She was very pleased with herself.


I was exhausted.  Tug of war is a very tiring game.


Dad went out to mow the grass and Mum was messing around with the washing machine and the bedsheets and stuff like that.  Everything seemed to be under control when I was pounced upon by Mum and taken outside to have a bath under the garden hose.  It was very undignified and quite chilly too. I was shivering. Mum said I was a wuss.

Then a quick towel down and I was put into the pool room to dry off completely.  One is not allowed inside when one is in any way damp...or muddy....or smelly. (House Rules according to Mum)

Heidi was also hose-bathed and eventually joined me in the pool room.  We rested and tried to get ourselves dry as quickly as possible while watching Dad washing the patio with the pressure sprayer.
Heidi observed that it was a blessing that Mum did not use the pressure spray on us.

Some time later we were brushed (which I really enjoyed) and issued with bones.





Now, I ask you, is this normal?  We are washed. We are fed bones. There are a million trillion cans of dog food in the garage. A lot of cleaning is going on.  Humans have not gone off to work as they usually do.  Hmmm.
Something is definitely afoot!




No comments:

Post a Comment