Monday 5 March 2012

An Interloper

Our new next door neighbours have committed the dreadful crime of buying.......a cat.  Can you believe it?
We are already having to put up with Kahlua, a brown feline being, who lives in one of the houses over the back fence and now we have another cat to deal with.

Cats are annoying beasties because they think they are cleverer than dogs.  This theory of theirs is based on the fact that they can walk along the tops of fences and we cannot. They like to do this whilst saying rude things like, 'Ha ha, stupid dog. You can't get me.'  This is very irritating and insulting.  Kahlua is an expert in irritating Heidi and me.  He even sits on the top of the fence and dangles his tail as he sings his silly pussy cat songs.  When I jump up to grab him, he flips his tail out of the way.  Why I could just.........!!!

Anyway, I was sitting in the pool room on Sunday, keeping an eye on the park across the road, when this new cat brazenly wandered past the window.  Well, I gave hime a jolly good barking and he ran away and sat right outside the garden gate.   I kept barking and Heidi came to help but the dastardly thing just sat there with its tongue sticking out.  Eventually Dad had to go out and shoo it off.  I was beside myself with indignation and it was only the fact that dinner was soon to be served that calmed me down.

Then, yesterday, I was out in the yard doing my regular patrol when I saw, under our palm trees, an interloper.  You guessed it.  It was the new cat.  How dare he?  I let out a blood curdling (according to Mum) squeal and dived in there after him.  He started spitting and squealing too and shot into the bushes.  I went in after him and was crashing around looking for him when Mum arrived on the scene demanding to know what was going on.

The cat used this diversion to zoom off towards the garage but Heidi was waiting there to block his exit,
(excellent double teaming by the brave canine defenders of the home), so there was more spitting and squealing.  Heidi had him cornered in the garage and I was on my way to assist when.......go on, have a guess what happened........yes, Mum ruined everything.   Sigh!

Mum slammed the garage door so I was stuck out in the yard.  Then she went over to try to grab Heidi which gave the cat a chance to nip in under the car.  Mum finally got hold of Heidi's collar and dragged her into the house and closed her in there.  Then she opened the big roller door and let the cat out.

Game over.

Heidi and I spent about an hour looking around the yard and the garage just in case the cat had come back without any success.  Mum says she hopes he has learned his lesson and won't come back into our place.
Having ruined our game she doesn't want us to have any more fun.  Humans!   As previously mentioned on this blog, humans have no idea about having fun.

Cats!!  Bah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment