Saturday, 3 March 2012

Doctor's Orders

On Friday Mum put my leash on and opened the back of the car.  I thought we were going to the puppy park so I was very excited but then I noticed that Mum was putting Heidi back into the house and closing her in. 
Oh No!!  I was going to the vet!!!  Eek!! 
It's not that I don't like Doctor Sandra but she has a habit of doing funny things to me. 

As usual, when we arrived, I had to sit on the black thing for a minute.  Miss Hannah, the nurse, said I was 26 kg.  Apparently that is a good thing because Miss Hannah patted me and told me I was beautiful.  

Then we had to wait for a little while and I was a bit worried and a bit excited.  I was shivering so Miss Hannah came to cuddle me and told me I was soooo beautiful and that I didn't need to worry.
That was all very well for her to say; she wasn't the one who had to go in to see Doctor Sandra.  

Soon it was my turn and Doctor Sandra came out and said, 'Come on, Trudy.'  So in we went.
Well, it was pretty much what I had expected.  First I gave Doctor Sandra a big cuddle because I hadn't seen her for a long time.   She told me how beautiful I was and then I had to stand very quietly while she put the cold thing on my chest.  Then she had a good feel around my tummy and peered down my ears.  And then.......oh, the horror, the indignity,......she pulled up my tail and inserted......yes, inserted......something!!  How rude!!  I tried to sit down but Doctor Sandra had a firm hold on my tail so I couldn't.  At last she took the thing out of my.....well, you know.....and told me I was a good girl.  I was still feeling all insulted over the appalling assault on my person when things took a turn for the better.
I was given liver treats for being so well behaved and then Doctor Sandra told Mum I had a bit of 
'Tar - Tar' on my teeth and that I needed to eat bones more often.  Mum said that we have a bone once a week and Doctor Sandra said to make it twice a week or even more.  Yay!!!

After more cuddles we went home to Heidi who had done the only sensible thing given the circumstances.  She had hopped up on Mum's bed and gone to sleep.

I was exhausted.  What an effort!  Thank Goodness it only happens once a year.

Anyway, here I am following doctor's orders with some marrow bones that the butcher sliced up for us.

Mum gets the butcher to cut the bones up because if we have them when they are still big dinosaur bones we fight over them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment